Thursday, May 21, 2009

Moon Over My Slumber


There's just something about the night sky. Screw stars...gimme the moon, and I'll be just find.

Growing up, I had an east face window in my room. The window itself was fairly small and located higher than most windows. Because of its unusual size, it never received any shades or draping. Furthermore, the only good way to situate my bed at that time was in such a way that I could look out the window while lying in bed.

There were many nights that the moon kept me up. In many ways, I felt the moon shone much more clearly than the sun ever did, despite knowing the connection between the moon's shine and the sun's glow. The moon became a good friend, a watchful eye, and the reason I could fall asleep many nights.

Since moving out of that house, I have had windows facing north, west, and south. Never again have I slept as well as I did in that one room with the moon over my bed.

***

Forest Moon

No comments: